As of 1/1/2013 Our recycling contractor is Waste Management. If you have a missed Curbside pickup, please call 732-678-9152 .
RECYCLING CAN NOT BE COLLECTED IF PLACED WITHIN PLASTIC BAGS
Single Stream recyclables collected curbside must be placed “loose” into your recycling can. Plastic bags hamper sorting efficiency and damage processing equipment. Strict policies have been instituted to address the quality of imported recyclables, by commodity purchasers. Shipments containing plastic bags and other contaminants are deemed unmarketable and are returned to the recycling agency.
Plastic Bags should be returned to local supermarkets as they are recycled by the store.
Remember, place rinsed food container cans, glass bottles, and plastic bottles/jars (the neck of the plastic being smaller than the base of the plastic), newspapers, corrugated cardboard, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, paperback books, and empty non-toxic aerosol cans ONLY, into your recycling can loose – do not place recyclables in any type of bag.
Jackson Township practices single stream recycling. This process allows residents to mix recyclable paper, acceptable plastic, glass, aluminum and tin cans and cardboard ALL IN ONE BIN.
Residential single-steam recycling greatly increases recycling rates, recovering as much as three times the amount of recyclable materials. This process is made possible through the use of various mechanized screens and optical sorting technologies.
ITEMS THAT SHOULD BE EXCLUDED ARE:
- Cereal & Pizza Boxes
- Plastic bags
- Paper Plates
- Items containing food stuff
- Styrofoam containers
- Aluminum foil/foil trays
- Everyday household trash
- Toys/Potting plant containers
PLEASE REFER TO THE GUIDELINES BELOW
- You may place up to 7 containers curbside Bi-weekly.
- You may place your yellow container alongside other uncovered containers that you may need to utilize.
- If you are using your own container, please place yellow recycling stickers on both sides of the container.
- Recycling stickers are available, free of charge, in the Department of Public Works located on 10 Don Connor Blvd.
- If a holiday falls on Thursday or Friday , residents may place their cans out for the following Saturday morning.
- Residents may also dispose of recycling at our Convenience Center located on Don Connor Blvd., Saturday through Tuesday from 8 a.m. until 3:45 p.m.
- Click here for info on Rigid Plastic Recycling
- It is suggested that residents go to the main page of this website and register to receive email blasts for current updates.