95 W. Veterans Hwy
Jackson, NJ 08527
Municipal Alliance Consultant (Click Here)
The Division of Personnel shall be responsible for:
- Develop and administer the Township's Personnel program, including up-to-date job classifications and pay plans, active recruitment of needed personnel and in-service training programs.
- Design, install and maintain personnel records for each Township officer and employee, including a job description and qualifications required, the education, training and experience of the employee, any professional or trade licenses held, all personnel actions taken with respect to the employee, compensation, pension status, the Merit System Board and any other such information deemed pertinent at the discretion of the Personnel Officer
- Develop, install and administer an orderly procedure for the consideration, review and adjustment of employee grievances subject to any requirements in collective bargaining agreements.
- Coordinate the processes of appointment and removal of municipal employees within the various departments with Department Heads, the Business Administrator and the Mayor, and to this end, review and recommend proposed procedures.
- Maintain a continuing review and analysis of budget operations, work programs and costs of municipal services as they pertain to Personnel.
- As directed by the Mayor or Business Administrator, assign and transfer employees temporarily or. permanently, from one department to another as efficient administration may require.
- Develop, prescribe and enforce rules and regulations for the efficient management of the Township government, so as to avoid any duplication or overlapping of effort among the departments or among units within a department, and for the improvement of methods and procedures of administration.
- Conduct entrance and exit interviews of employees.
- Attend meetings and conferences at the request of the Mayor.
- Monitor labor relations and negotiations and regularly advise the Municipal Attorney of any labor issues.
- Monitor and administer employee fringe benefit programs, as applicable.
- Assist in preparation of salary budget for all employees in the Township.
- May conduct a desk audit of all positions to determine whether duties and responsibilities correspond to job classifications and salary grade.
- Maintenance of employee database
- Work with Civil Service Commission to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Communicate regularly with Finance Department on payroll issues.
- Administer and supervise time and attendance for all departments and assist those departments with time entries as needed, as well as entry of all corrections.
- Oversee Workers Compensation program and coordinate with the Joint Insurance Fund to review claims, as well as coordinate with the Safety Coordinator to ensure all training is up to date.